Today's post is how to make Ragi Laddoo or as we call them in Marathi Nachaniche Ladu
Ragi or Nachani or Red millet or Finger millet has great health benefits like :
- It is extremely rich source of fiber
- It helps lower cholesterol levels.
- It helps weight control, diabetes and also cools the body
- It is cost effective and easily available.
The Theme for this Week is" Is everything round a laddu? "
So extremely healthly and easy to make recipe that I am going to share is Ragi Laddoo or in Marathi Nachaniche Ladu
Ragi Laddoo (Nachaniche Ladu)
1 cup Ragi Flour
1/2 cup Homemade ghee
1/2 cup powdered sugar (depends on individual taste)
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg / Jalphal
- Heat 1/2 cup ghee in flat bottom pan or kadhai on gas.
- Add 1 cup Ragi plain flour (do not use Ragi satva) in it and roast it well until it comes together and you can smell the aroma.
- Roasting the flour in ghee is the most critical aspect of making the laddoo as if it is less roasted, it would stick in the throat and would taste uncooked; whereas over roasting would burn the flour and leave bad aftertaste.
- When the ghee starts to separate, switch off the gas and let it cool down
- When the mixture is slightly cooled, add powdered sugar and mix well and ensure that there are no lumps.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg and mix well, taking care that there are no lumps.
- Prepare round shape laddoos of the mixture.
- Do not wait for mixture to cool down completely otherwise it would be difficult to mix well.