THE THEME FOR THIS WEEK IS" IS EVERYTHING ROUND A LADDU? "
The series finale as they say or the last laddoo on the list is Peanut & Jaggery Laddoo or as we say in Marathi Shendanyache Ladu
This was super hectic and great fun because I was cooking and clicking and posting on same day.
Benefits of Peanut & Jaggery :
- Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium.
- Jaggery provides resistance against infections.
- Jaggery helps increase the total count of haemoglobin in the blood
- Peanuts are rich source of protein and vital vitamins
- It is excellent especially during fasting
Groundnut Jaggery Laddoo / Shendanyache Ladu
- Dry roast the peanuts on hot gridle or tawa or kadhai.
- Allow them to cool & remove the skins
- Grind them to finely coarse paste
- Grate jaggery to fine paste like consistency
- Mix 1 cup peanut powder & 1/2 cup grated jaggery together and make sure that there are no lumps
- Add ghee as necessary for binding them together
- Jaggery is natural binder so ghee is minimally required
- Add 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg powder & mix well
- Shape the laddoos in round shape & they are ready to eat
- They can be eaten during fast
- Alternatively roasted and peeled groundnuts can be mixed together with jaggery in a blender