THE THEME FOR THIS WEEK IS KIDS DELIGHT : TRAVEL FOOD
When one thinks of travel food, Methi Thepla is one of first dishes that comes to our mind such is the popularity of this dish.
My reason for choosing Methi Thepla is due to my association with it in all my recent travels. Due to self imposed dietary constraints and not being excessively fond of in flight meals, Methi Theplas were my saviors in all my travels especially those long journeys abroad.
They are easily available, easy to carry and eat & extremely nutritious and healthy.
Health Benefits :
- Fenugreek leaves are rich source of minerals such as calcium and magnesium.
- Calcium helps in strengthening teeth and bones
- Magnesium has anti-ageing properties
Methi Thepla / Fenugreek Flatbread
- Clean and finely chop methi leaves and keep aside
- In a bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, besan, rava and mix well
- Add all spices and salt and mix well
- Add finely chopped methi leaves and mix well
- Add curd and oil & mix well
- Kneed in a fine dough and add water bit by bit as required
- Make small round shape balls of this dough and make round rotis
- Heat pan and roast the thepla on it
- Once cooked, flip it and add oil / ghee as required
- Serve it with curd, pickle, chutney or sauce
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM