We begin Day One of Blogging Marathon # 13 today.
Blogging Marathon is a fabulous event started by Srivalli and this is its 13th edition.......
My Theme for Blogging Marathon # 13 is Easy Lunch Box recipes for Kids - Rice
My first recipe on Day One is Mixed Vegetable Pulav
So, what happens when you have a blog and are extremely irregular in posting, the blogger site decides to take matter into hands and is perpetually down when you have to login to post :))
Mixed Vegetable Pulav
Rice -1 cup
Green Peas- 1/4 cup (boiled or semi boiled)
Potato - 1 (peeled and chopped)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
Carrot - 1 ( finely chopped)
Few cloves of garlic
Ginger - Finely shredded or cut into small pieces
(alternatively use 1 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste)
Oil - One tablespoon / Ghee
Salt as per taste
2 green chillies or one teaspoon red chilli powder
Curry Leaves (optional)
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai).
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder) (optional)
1/2 teaspoon Biryani Masala ( I used Everest Biryani Masala)
Water - 2 cups
Fresh green coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Pressure cook the rice. The ratio of rice and water depends on the quality of rice. In case of Basamati rice I add double water.
2) After rice is cooked, separate and let it cool.
3) In a heavy bottom pan (kadhai) add oil / ghee.
4) When the oil is heated, add mustard seeds.
5) After they start to splutter, add curry leaves, cumin seeds,asafoetida, ginger, garlic and onion.Stir continuously.
6) After the onion turns translucent, add turmeric powder and potato and stir continously.
7) Add coriander powder , red chilli powder, cumin powder and Biryani Masala.
8) Keep on stirring continuously and add carrot and tomato.
9) Add cooked rice and boiled green peas and salt.
10) Stir and mix well.
Mixed Vegetable Pulav is ready.
The kids would love it and it is extremely easy dish to whip up in a jiffy.
Do check out what my fellow Marathoners are upto
Coming up tomorrow is Green Peas Pulav