On Day Two of Blogging Marathon # 13 , we have simple yet extremely delicious Green Peas Pulav.
Blogging Marathon is a fabulous event started by Srivalli and this is its 13th edition.......
My Theme for Blogging Marathon # 13 is Easy Lunch Box recipes for Kids - Rice
Today, my recipe is Green Peas Pulav.
Green Peas Pulav
Rice -1 cup (uncooked)
Green Peas- 1 cup (boiled or semi boiled)
Tomato - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger - Finely shredded or cut into small pieces
Ghee- One tablespoon
Salt as per taste
2 green chillies or one teaspoon red chilli powder
Curry Leaves (optional)
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai).
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhania)
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder) (optional)
Water - 2 cups
Fresh green coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Pressure cook the rice. Like I mentioned yesterday, the ratio of rice and water depends on the quality of rice. It is preferable to cook Basamati rice with double quantity of water.
2) After rice is cooked, separate it and allow it cool.
3) In a heavy bottom pan (kadhai) add ghee.
4) When the ghee is heated, add mustard seeds.
5) After they start to splutter, add curry leaves, cumin seeds,asafoetida and ginger.Stir continuously.
6) Add coriander powder , red chilli powder and cumin powder.
8) Keep on stirring continuously and add tomato.
9) Add cooked rice and boiled green peas and salt.
10) Stir and mix well.
Peas Pulav is ready.
Do check out what my fellow Marathoners are upto