Blogging Marathon # 13 continues in all its glory on the third day......
Like I mentioned earlier, Blogging Marathon is a fabulous event started by the lovely and extremely enthusiastic Srivalli and this is its 13th edition.......
My Theme for Blogging Marathon # 13 is Easy Lunch Box recipes for Kids - Rice
When one is thinking of easy lunch box recipes for kids, there are couple of things to be considered.
First the dish should be visually appealing to the kids and should also be tasty without being spicy or oily.
Today's dish is Lemon Rice. Now, Lemon Rice is traditional South Indian dish, which can be made using leftover rice as well as cooked fresh rice. It is tasty and very easy to make.
Rice -1 cup (uncooked)
Lemons - 2
Oil - One tablespoon
Salt as per taste
2 red chillies
Curry Leaves - 3/4
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai).
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
1/4 turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 teaspoon - grated ginger
Peanuts - 10/12 (roasted)
1/2 teaspoon urad dal
1/2 teaspoon channa dal ( roasted)
Water - 2 cups
Fresh green coriander leaves for garnishing
1) Pressure cook the rice with double amount of water.
2) After rice is cooked, separate it and allow it cool.
3) In a heavy bottom pan (kadhai) add oil.
4) When the oil is heated, add mustard seeds.
5) After they start to splutter, add cumin seeds,asafoetida,curry leaves,red chillies and ginger.Stir continuously.
6) Add urad dal and channa dal and stir well.
8) Keep on stirring continuously and add turmeric powder and roasted peanuts.
9) Fry the peanuts well and turn off the heat.
9) Add lemon juice and mix well.
10)Add cooked rice and salt.
11) Stir and mix well.
Tasty and delicious Lemon Rice is ready to be served.Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Here's taking a look at what my fellow Marathoners are upto