The Final i.e Day Seven of Blogging Marathon finds us with Dudhi Pakodas or Bottle gourd Fritters.
As we all know by now that Blogging Marathon is a brilliant and novel initiative started by the fantastic Srivalli and it is now in its 14th Edition...
The idea of dudhi pakodas came quite suddenly. During lunch one day while chatting with my niece and nephew, I realised that they hated dudhi in any and every form and would never touch it with a barge pool.However, when we prepared Dudhi Kofta Curry, the kids ate it happily without knowing that the star ingredient was the dreaded Dudhi / Bottle gourd.
Not only that while frying the dudhi koftas, the kids began eating them like pakodas and needless to say ensured that some of us adults had to be satisfied with eating only Curry that day without the koftas :)))
So, I decided to prepare dudhi pakodas specially for them again and I added my own twist ..mint.. giving it slightly different but wonderful favor...
Dudhi Pakodas / Bottle Gourd Fritters :
Dudhi (bottle gourd) - 1 kg
Besan / gram flour - 1 cup
Ginger - 1 inch
Garlic - 7/8 cloves
Coriander leaves - few
Mint leaves - few
Curry leaves - few
Green chillies - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - as per taste
Sugar - pinch
Oil - 1 teaspoon and also for frying
Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1/2 teaspoon
1) Peel the skin of dudhi / bottle gourd and finely grate it.
2) Squeeze the dudhi and drain all the water.
3) Take dudhi in a large bowl and add besan / gram flour slowly to this till you get good consistency.
4) Grind green chillies, coriander leaves, curry leaves, mint leaves, cumin seeds, ginger and garlic together and make a fine paste.
5) Add this paste to the dudhi mixture and mix thoroughly.
6) Heat one teaspoon of oil and add in this mixture.
7) Add salt, turmeric powder and sugar and mix well.
6) Heat some oil in a heavy bottom pan (kadhai) for frying.
7) Make round balls of dudhi mixture and deep fry them in oil on medium flame.
Dudhi Pakodas / bottlegourd fritters are ready to be savored.
These are specially approved by my niece and nephew.
Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight, guest hosted by me themed on Easy to Make Snacks under30 mins......
Do check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing Blogging Marathon#14........