Thursday, March 10, 2011

General Musings......

I started blogging because i wanted creative outlet for my thoughts and ideas... Somewhere along, I joined food blogging marathon and gradually my blog has turned into a food blog.. which is great because I really love food and cooking in general.......but I felt that somewhere along , I have missed the most important aspect of blogging.......creative writing......During a midnight philosophical chat with my cousin in States, he suggested that I enforce certain rules on myself..for every one food blog post there should be one non- food blog post......I got a bit carried away and in my exuberance excitedly said that for every food blog post I would do a book review and then maybe movie review and one general post...My cousin sagely warned me against pressurizing myself too much with such self imposed rules...So, after thinking deeply for some time (actually after thinking briefly and being too lazy for a really long time) I decided that I should stick to two post every week making it around 8 posts a month which is not much compared to some other fellow bloggers who manage to churn out two dozen wonderful blog posts a month...phew...i am tired by their number of blog posts.. ..... and to say nothing of a certain distinguished superstar of Indian film industry who blogs daily most of time burning the midnight oil in the process.. I realize that it needs a firm commitment to do that....
Anyways.....amidst all this ramblings of mine..the point is seriously getting lost....which is that I have decided to blog twice a week.... I think whenever there is a serious motivation, I tend to blog regularly...like I did not blog for months at a stretch but when I joined 7 day marathons (twice) I blogged 7 days in a row(twice) .........So I have come up with a plan to motivate myself to blog at least two posts every week......

3 comments:

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

Yes even am concerned in that same manner.with so many interests and responsibilities its not easy to blog so regularly, and I welcome your decision.
between have mailed you regarding Arusuvai. Plz check.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Hey Rujuta, i completely agree with you!!! I too sometimes feel so damn lazy to do a post!!!!Dont feel like sitting and doing it, today actually made a point, to finish the post!!!!
So there are too many people to join ur wagon girl!!! BTW, Nice Move to post twice weekly!!!!

Reshmi said...

Hi Rujuta, first time here and u've wonderful collection of posts!! following u.